Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Party

Last Thursday night, a family down the street had a really big party.



When we went to bed at8 pm we couldn't believe the traffic going past our house or the lights. My first thought, which I quickly realized was wrong, was that someone had set up a Christmas Tree Alley, but then I remembered where we were. Although one can find Christmas trees in all the stores here, nothing of this level would have to do with Christmas.
Philip had a growth spurt that night. When he woke up at 9:30 to nurse we began to hear some music. It was at this time that I took Blue for a walk and captured this footage. I couldn't believe that so many people were still arriving. They actually had policeman out to help direct traffic. When Philip woke up again at 10:30, I wasn't surprised that the party was still going on, but I was surprised when he woke up at 12:30 and not only was the party still going, but it seemed to be going stronger, as the music was louder and had more bass. At 2:30, I believe the speeches began. At 5:30, we could still here music and celebrating.
The next day as we spoke with our neighbors, we learned that the house closest to our apartment belongs to a Sheik. Further questioning led to our learning that one of his daughters got married.

No comments:

Post a Comment